We’ve put together our Top 5 reasons why we think children should play sport, especially soccer. We believe playing sports offers kids of all age’s countless benefits and assists in improving their physical, social and mental well-being.
5. Sports boost self-esteem. Children learn to be confident on the field. Seeing their hard work pay off brings about loads of self-confidence. When kids achieve their goals on the field it teaches them they can achieve any other goal they set later on down the track.
4. Playing sports help develop teamwork and leadership skills. Working toward a common goal helps children develop communication and problem solving skills that will benefit them on the field and off.
3. It’s a natural stress reliever. Exercise is a great way for kids to loosen up and let go. Sports also help kids develop relationships, which become a support system for them.
2. Kids develop lifelong healthy lifestyle habits. Regular physical activity improves a child’s fitness and helps them to stay in shape.
1. It’s fun! It gives your child a group to belong to. They have a group of friends that has the same goals and interests.