The choice to become a kids’ sports coach can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. There are so many reasons why becoming a coach can enrich your life. Here are our Top 5 reasons.
1. It’s a great way to get active. Getting out on the court or on the field and moving along with the kids will get you in as good of shape as them, if not better.
2. Coaching is a great way to meet new people. There is a constant stream of new kids and parents coming into your life. While all these people will be learning something from you, there are so many things you can learn from them.
3. Experience the positive energy of working with children. The exhilaration of helping others thrive is endless. Watching children improve in their skills is incredibly inspiring.
4. See the joy in being a role model. Setting a good example and being the person children look up to can make you be a better person.
5. Share a love of sports. You don’t have to be a star athlete to be a great coach. There was a reason you loved athletics in your youth, and passing that passion on to the next generation is a great feeling.